I finally finished my 2000 word coursework on animal testing today, after three days of working on it. I'm greatly interested in the subject of animal testing, but for all the wrong reasons. While completing the coursework I've been getting rather emotional because of the topic, and hormones definitely have not been helping. The topic that mainly got me angry and upset was research that was being done on animals; monkeys being used for Parkinson's disease, mice being used for cancer research, and rats being used for stem cell research.
(A paragraph from my coursework) "Research was carried out to
restore locomotion after permanent paralysis of the hind limbs due to damaged
spinal cords. A machine was created to provide support with gravity but not
aid in forward direction for rats to walk in a safe environment. The rats would
first gain ability to perform one or two steps, then gradually sprint over
ground and climb steps. Through applying electrical stimulation into the spinal
cord it enabled the brain to establish new connexions in the spinal cord to
send instructions to walk". It all seems fine and dandy in my coursework, but really they DISABLED a rat, and the FORCED it to walk.
Sacrificing an animal's life in aid of a human's life is not at all acceptable to me, I find it absolutely disgusting and all people who agree with animal research should be disgusted with themselves. I only find animal testing to be acceptable when it benefits the animals themselves. Worsening the life of one to make a life of another better isn't understandable. It's a selfish thing for me to say, but I honestly couldn't care less about people with problems where the problems are trying to be solved through animal research. I refuse to donate money to charities such as cancer research as they're not 'heroes' at all, they're disgraceful and I hope everyone involved burns to death. The life of one animal is far more important in my eyes than one million humans. It does not make sense to not use humans for research that is for HUMANS. I would happily watch any human that has done a wrong to be put in the place of an animal at an animal testing laboratory. Even if someone got sent to prison for something minor like stealing a chocolate bar, why not replace them for the animal that has done no wrong in it's life. I would not have a problem with seeing children purposely bred to be used for research, if it is acceptable to be done with animals, why exclude humans.
The topic has got me angry once again. Why not cut out the middle man and save all the animals from suffering when there is no need to do so. Everyone needs to stop being so selfish, so foolish and instead look the fuck around.
Enough of that now, onto the subject of the ex. After our talk over two weeks ago (damn that has gone quickly) everything has been rather strange and 'off' with us, which I suppose is understandable. It went a week until today that we hadn't spoken to each other, which I honestly hadn't thought about all that much until the past couple of days. Not speaking to him for a few days is weird enough for me, and a week is far too long as it greatly impacts my mood in a negative way. I wanted to talk to him, and I had the chance to, I just didn't feel like I should. I definitely wanted to speak to him before this, but only until the last couple of days had I felt like I really wanted to, and I didn't feel as if he would want me speaking to him. As it was him that set the standard of us to giving ourselves distance, I feel as if he has the upper hand in the situation and is telling me to back the fuck off, but in a nice way. I hold out talking to him because I'm in hope that he'll want to start up the conversation with me, and then I will know that he cares at least a little. I'm being silly again, I know he cares for me greatly, but it just panics me greatly when we haven't talked for a little while and things are not right between us. I say 'not right' between us, but this is how things are supposedly going to be from now on. Wow, this makes me sad. I had such high hopes for us.. I really need to let the fuck go.
No comments:
Post a Comment